Sunday, March 13, 2016

Internal Acceptance Movement!


I ran across this site the other day for the Internal Acceptance Movement (I. A.M.). It was started by a young woman, Daniell Koepke, and has the simple motto of You exist, and therefore, you matter. I'll let her describe about it in her own words:
I came up with the idea while I was in treatment for an eating disorder in the summer of 2009. My initial goal was to spread eating disorder awareness and promote body positivity.
After creating a space on Tumblr, I decided that I wanted the I. A.M. to encompass something more broad — I wanted the blog focus on helping people heal from any struggle; to offer encouragement and validation; to remind people that they aren’t alone and that the things they struggle with don’t have to be a source of shame; to provide self-care tips and coping skills; and to offer hope that things can and will get better. 

Daniell is studying psychology with the goal of becoming a therapist. I think she will make a great one. Her own writings & thoughts have some great insights and are full of encouragement & support for all. Highly recommended.

The information contained in this blog can not be considered medical advice. These are only my own thoughts, feelings & ideas. If you or someone you know are having problems with mental illness please seek qualified medical advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment